This website has moved! Please visit the new url: English Teacher Fred.com

Thursday, April 23, 2009

English Vocabulary - Three Extreme Adjectives


Hi, this is Teacher Fred, from the website: Learn English With Fred dot Blogspot dot com.

I'm standing here outside of a grocery store, a supermarket. My wife went in to buy some things; I'm out here watching the motorbike.

It's REALLY hot today! Really hot.

Another way to say it's really hot would be to say, "It's BOILING!"

"Oh my god, it's so hot- it's boiling!"

Sometimes people use extreme adjectives when they want to say something really strong. Like instead of saying, "I'm really tired," I would say, "Oh, I'm EXHAUSTED!"

"I'm exhausted!" It's an extreme adjective.

Another extreme adjective would be, if I'm really hungry, I might say, "I'm so hungry- I'm STARVING!" I'm starving!

The word, "to starve", it's a verb: "to starve." It means "to die from not having enough food."

It's not really true that I'm going to die, but I just want to say something really strong.

"I'm STARVING!"
"It's BOILING hot!"
"I'm EXHAUSTED!"

Those are extreme adjectives.

Okay, this is Teacher Fred. Come by my website: LearnEnglishWithFred.Blogspot.com.

Study English with me! I'm a professional American English Teacher. I've been teaching English in Vietnam since 2001.

Have a good day! Bye-bye.
Please comment, link, and share!
englishteacherfred@yahoo.com

0 comments: